Tuesday, September 25, 2007

We were so spoiled!!!

Chris got to come home this weekend, as evidenced by our previous post. Originally our doctor's appointment was scheduled for the 28th of September, but when the doctor that Chris is working with suggested that if we could get an appointment for the 20th or 21st, I called the ob doctor and was devastated to find out that they were completely full. I e-mailed a friend - basically complaining about my disappointment when she called back and said that she had an appointment on the 20th and that she would switch with us for our appointment on the 28th. I couldn't believe it! Chris could actually come with me! We were amazed at such friendship. So he got to come home last week on Wednesday night and stay until Sunday. Since we didn't expect to see each other at all this entire month, it was a real blessing. Not to mention the fact that he got to be with me for the first time we heard the heartbeat in our new little one. What a blessing! But now Grant and I are spoiled and we're missing him something awful! I know it has only been a couple of days, however, we enjoyed our time with him so much, that it seems to have made it harder to be apart. So Grant and I are at the house all by ourselves, both a little grumpy and missing Chris so very much. We just can't wait to be all together again! On top of missing him, despite the fact that I am now in my 14th week of this pregnancy and am supposed to be starting to feel better, it seems to be getting worse. I am wishing I had someone here to run after Grant while I'm getting sick, but alas, he's getting into all sorts of things as I hang over the toilet. Just how do single parents do it???

No comments: