Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Backyard Birds

When my parents were here a few weeks ago, my dad took me out and they bought us a lovely new set of bird feeders and a beautiful iron pole to hang them on. We haven't had too very many birds as of yet, but they are slowly but surely discovering their new feeding place. I get so excited when I see a little bird out on my feeders. Here are a few pics of my new-found joy in my very own backyard. It's actually hard to get pictures of them because every time I open the sliding back door to take their pictures, they fly away. Boo. (These are especially for you, mom and dad...wish you were here to enjoy them with me! Obviously I know what the cardinals are...do you know what the others are?) :)

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

The blue one is an Eastern Bluebird, the redheaded one is a House Finch. So beautiful!! Are you using a feed specifically for colorful birds? I've been considering putting some out in my yard.