Saturday, November 15, 2008

11.14.08 Appetizer Party

We invited several other families over to our house for an Appetizer Party last night. The Waltons and Cabreras were able to make it and we had a lovely time sharing appetizers (everyone's food was absolutely delicious!) and just catching up. It had been a while. All of my Fall decorations were out, and I thought my table looked pretty. It was fun getting ready for our little party.
The big news in our family this week is that we bought a new chair. It is a brown leather recliner which I was dead set against, but Chris fell in love, and told me since all the frames/decor were black, that I could move them to the guest room and re-decorate the family room in brown tones to make it match. So that's what we've been doing. So, though we're still missing the chair (it should come in around Dec 4), the walls are being decorated with a "Family Tree" theme. We've had fun!
We like the guest room with the new decorations, as well. It is so nice to finally have something on the wall in there, and the Norman Rockwell prints really look good in there. They match the bedspread quite nicely. So all in all, it's been a fun week redecorating! Mom wanted to see how things were changing, so I took some pictures last night before company came over since it was all cleaned and picked up! :-) Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry - the lighting wasn't very good when I took them.
Wreath on the Door

Decorations in the Family Room

My Appetizers set on the Table
Guest Room Decorations - Now we just need some curtains!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I LOVE the "Family Tree" theme. I have about 20 more frames to buy before I can transform our wall to something similar. Pictures just make everything more "homey".

Great job with the decorating...your home is so warm and inviting.

Becky Carter said...

It looks great Sara! So, now, when are you coming to do my house?

Matt and Jenny Mitchell said...

Sara! your house looks wonderful! wish I could see it in person, you have done a great job! miss you!