Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving here we come!

We are getting ready for Thanksgiving at our house! This is the first time we have been at our house for the holidays, and I am really enjoying figuring out how to make a turkey, set the table, clean the house, make all the other goodies and get ready for our company -- all with two screaming kids! Ha!
Actually, Grant has been a big helper, and Mason is happy as long as he has snacks on his tray on his highchair. That kid eats more than anyone I know.
We went on a treasure hunt this morning where we hunted pinecones and acorns. I had so much fun watching Grant experience life! He picked up every single acorn (whether it was pretty or not) and proudly brought it over to me to add to our stash. Of course I made over every single one, and he was SO proud! When we got back, he helped me disinfect our pinecones. This involved sticking them in the oven for a while, so now my whole house smells like pine. Yum! Then Grant and I make candied apples. The best part was definitely tasting our hard work to see if they were "just right." Well...maybe not just like Grandma always makes, but pretty close, for sure!
So the table is set, all the food that I'm responsible for is made - except the dessert. And now all I have to do is clean the house and make my apple dumplings. Tomorrow morning I'll stuff the turkey and pop it in the oven and Voila! Thanksgiving Dinner! Who knew this could be so easy - or fun!

3 comments:

abby and jacob said...

Everything looks so eligant. You do such a good job. Hope everything turns out good. Take a picture of your turkey, and all of the trimings. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Jessi said...

Your tablescape is beautiful!!! Great photography.

Wow, you can find pinecones? We have nothing of the sort here. :-)

UM companions said...

Wow - you really do impress me. Everything looks very lovely. I guess I better work harder at my presentations if I have a daughter that can out-do me. Or...better yet, you should move closer to home and come decorate my tables for me. I love the pinecones and the tinted paper name tags. I'm proud - but somehow that doesn't surprise me.