Saturday, May 9, 2009

05.06.2009 Jacksonville Beach

Chris was off work on Wednesday, so we took Matt and Josh to the beach! You can't come to FL without visiting the beach!! We've lived here for a full year now and this was only the second time Chris has been to the beach - I went one other time without him, so it was my third time. Crazy, huh?
Anyway, we had a great time. Matt, Josh, and Chris threw a frisbee around for a while, and I played with Mason and Grant, when he wasn't preoccupied with his daddy. The kids both were fabulous...until it was time to leave. Grant hadn't had a nap, Mason was sound asleep and like dead weight in my arms. Grant didn't want to leave and was dragging his feet and throwing one major fit. He finally decided he wanted to be carried, too. Chris had gone on ahead to get the van, so I was trailing behind Josh and Matt, carrying my sleeping Mason and dealing with my screaming Grant. Finally, I leaned down and picked him up. So here I was, trudging through the sand carrying both babies by myself. Any of you who have been on the beach before know that trudging through sand by yourself is hard enough...try adding 60 extra pounds to the mix and see how you fare! Josh turned around and saw me, so he came and took one of the kids after a little while which helped immensely. Thank goodness for extra help!
We topped the day off with a stop at Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat, which made us all a bit happier! Yum!

1 comment:

UM companions said...

Look at that fat little tummy on Mason - he's a chunk! i can't wait to get my hands on him in a couple of weeks