Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankgsiving Festivities

So here's a random picture of my boys I took last week. Aren't they cute!
Well, here it is - nearly a week after Thanksgiving and I am just now getting our pictures up on the blog. Sorry about that! We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day last Thursday. Mom and Dad Worley came up on Wednesday night, and Todd, Anita and Martin (Chris' brother, sister-in-law and nephew) came up Thursday morning. It was so much fun to all be together. Surprisingly, we hadn't been able to do that...well, ever. I had met Todd and Anita one Christmas before Chris and I were married, but Martin wasn't there, so I think this was the first time, other than our wedding (and that was so busy, I'm not sure it counts!), where we were all together, and boy, was it nice!
The food was all delicious. We didn't eat until 4:00, so I made a cheeseball that I dressed up to look like a Turkey, along with a bunch of other munchies. I thought my turkey cheeseball was fun, so I took a picture so you could see my masterpiece! :-) Another one of the interns, Dustin, was able to join us for our feast, and we were so glad to have him! His family was in IN to celebrate Thanksgiving with their families and he was unfortunately not able to go with them, so he joined us for Thanksgiving, instead. It was nice having him. We always enjoy the company of he and his family.
We played games outside for much of the time, and since Martin was here and perhaps a little bored, we pulled out the Wii that my parents are giving us for Christmas and let him play for a while. Who am I kidding? We all played a little bit. It was fun. I wasn't going to say anything to my parents about opening the Wii before Christmas, but my dad casually asked if we had pulled it out yet, and just what was I supposed to say!?? Anyway, it's tradition in my family to always play with the toys before Christmas. My dad had taken my brother his Christmas present to play several times, so I figured it was only fair! I was just following in tradition! :-)
Anyway, it was a great Thanksgiving. I'd say our first Thanksgiving at our house was an overall success. And I had such fun!

1 comment:

UM companions said...

wow! How did you make that turkey cheeseball? Did you frost the crackers? It is absolutely gorgeous! I'm impressed