Tuesday, April 14, 2009

04.07.2009 Packing For Our First REAL House!

For some reason, packing up our house this time seems monumental - we are packing up our things to move into our first REAL house - the first place that we are actually going to OWN! And we're very excited about that!!
So to commemorate this momentous occasion, I have been taking a few pictures along the way. Most of these were taken last week, and I must say that now the boxes have moved from the hallway to the garage and I have probably tripled the amount of boxes that I have stacked up now. The kids don't seem to mind that most of their toys are packed away. They've found new toys in the boxes scattered throughout the house. They're great for hide-and-seek!
I must also admit, that I type this as I sit at our desk with my foot propped up because I just tried to carry the bookcase (it's not big or heavy; just awkward) in the playroom out to the garage and ended up dropping the corner of it on the top of my foot and taking a big chunk out of my foot. It's swollen and throbbing, and so I sit, making the most of my time - blogging. :-) Hopefully this won't be a major set-back and the ibuprofin will set in soon! Having Chris on Inpatient medicine this month has proven to be difficult...it's leaving me to do all the packing and take care of all the business associated with this whole moving process. Not that I'm complaining; we're both very excited about this; it's just difficult, that's all. So pray for stamina, strength and for few (and minor) injuries sustained by me! :-)

1 comment:

UM companions said...

you got your hair cut. i love it that length. You look really skinny in the first picture - are you loosing weight in this moving process?