Sunday, April 12, 2009

04.12.09 Easter Egg Hunt

After Mason woke up from his nap today, we had a wonderful surprise! The Easter Bunny came to visit our house and had left all sorts of eggs in the backyard! Both boys had a blast searching for eggs. Mason was content to find 3 or 4, but little Grant was on a mad-dash to find as many as he could! He was surprisingly good at it, too! He obviously has the Beutler blood in him. I had to laugh that when Mason turned his back at one point, Grant ran over to Mason's basket to pillage the treasures he found inside and transfer them to his own basket! It reminded me of the first year Chris and I were married. We had an Easter Egg hunt with my family, Chris walked away from his basket, and my siblings brazenly stole his eggs with smiles on their faces. I even warned him before hand that egg hunts are ruthless in my family! Well, the same is true for our children. Grant certainly takes after his momma in some instances, that's for sure!
Grant was so cute. After he thought he had found all of the eggs, he went over by Mason, sat down, and immediately started opening up the eggs to see what was inside. I said, "Let's go inside. Mason's too little!" Whereupon Grant took a blue Robin's Egg (my favorite malt balls covered with a candy coating), plucked Mason's paci out of his mouth and stuffed the Robin's Egg right into Mason's mouth. My first instinct was to get it out of Mason's mouth, but then I decided I'd see how he'd handle it. Of course, Mason absolutely loved it, as evidenced by the very blue drool in his pictures. :-)
After our egg hunt, Granny and Grandpa Worley had sent some Easter treats, so the boys opened those. They had fun finding the treats inside, and Mason loved the plastic eggs that looked like baseballs. Immediately after that, you ask?? Grant hit Mason by accident in the forehead really hard with a walking stick that I had out so that I could pack it. By the time I made it to the playroom only seconds later after prompted by the blood-curdling screams by our youngest son, he already had a large goose-egg on his forehead that was immediately black and blue. My first comment after the screams had subsided? "Well, at least the pictures are over!" You can tell he's the second, huh? :-)

2 comments:

West05 said...

The Easter Bunny came to our house during "naptime" too!! He is a very efficient bunny.

Nate and Molly said...

adorable. If I ever have a boy I will come to you for advice on how to dress him :)