Sunday, April 12, 2009

04.12.09 Easter

Well, Happy Easter! I don't know about you, but we had wonderful Easter Services here at our church in Jacksonville, FL today! The Lord is risen - he is risen indeed and we have much to celebrate!
Chris was on call yesterday and so he didn't get home until after our services had already started (plus he only got 40 minutes sleep last night, so he just came home and slept) so the boys and I had to go to church by ourselves today. I ironed their clothes last night, and so when we got up this morning, we donned on our Easter best and went to church early so that we could take some pictures. They boys looked absolutely adorable - I had so much fun finding their Easter Outfits and was amazed that both of them loved their hats and wanted to wear them all day long. Neither one of them tried to take it off. Wow! They were certainly a hit at church, and I must say, I was very proud of them. All the old men kept coming up and making over the two boys, asking if they could borrow their hats, etc. It certainly made me beam with pride. It's always been a tradition in my family to get a special new Easter outfit (usually my dad took us shopping for that "perfect" dress) so we had fun finding the "perfect" little outfits for our little men this year. Aren't they absolutely adorable?
Grant and Mason
Mason Alexander
Grant Christopher
This was the promised treat at the end of our picture taking. Since it was just me taking pictures, it worked well to entice Grant to smile!
On a side note, Friday night I tucked Grant into bed and was talking to him about Good Friday, what it meant, etc. Now Grant is 2...I know he doesn't really understand, and wasn't even sure if he was paying attention because he was rolling around in the bed, completely distracted. Anyway, I explained that Good Friday is the day that Jesus died on the cross lots of years ago for our sins - Mommy's sins, Daddy's sins, Mason's sins, and Grant's sins. But, I explained, it was so exciting because he didn't stay in the grave! He conquered our sin and rose from the dead! As I was saying this, Grant clapped his hands and squealed, "Mommy, I want to die for your sins too!" So I guess he was listening afterall...but obviously he didn't really understand what it meant! :-) At least the seeds are being planted...

2 comments:

Jan said...

They are SO cute! I think Grant could get a job as a child model, he looks so comfortable in front of the camera. :)

Courtney W. said...

oh my goodness, that story is too cute! I can just picture it :) I love the outfits by the way (esp. the Hats!) Grant looks like he belongs in my home town :) we just need to get him a set of clubs. I also agree with Jan, Grant looks like a little ralph lauren model!