Saturday, September 19, 2009

07.27.09 The Peuking Chicken

Growing up, my mother had this little chicken pitcher that we kids found hilarious. Any time she would pull it out to use, as we poured the dressing/syrup/liquid or whatever was in there onto our plates, we would make sound effects to make it sound like the little chicken was throwing up. It became affectionately known as the "Peuking Chicken." We couldn't wait to use that little thing! So when we went to Italy, you'll never guess what we got as gifts! We each got our own Peuking Chicken, but I have had few occasions to use it since then. I was so excited as I pulled my sweet little chicken out of the cupboard on this particular night. We were having pancakes so I giddily filled the silly thing with syrup. I took great joy in teaching Grant about this little family tradition, and boy did he have fun in participating! Chris just looked at me like I had lost my mind, but I could tell he was quite amused to see his usually prim and proper wife peuking at the dinner table and snapping pictures of her son acting anything but proper at the table! Poor kid must have been so confused; I usually correct that kind of behavior! I haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time! And then I wonder, as parents, just what are we doing to our children???

1 comment:

UM companions said...

Oh yeah... I can hear the chicken peuking now... great sound effects come to mind! Mom