Monday, September 21, 2009

08.22.09 Happy Birthday to Chris....SURPRISE!!

I was so excited about Chris' birthday this year. I had called the wife of one of his best friends from Medical School and asked if we could get together in Myrtle Beach to surprise him! Chase, Lindsey, Parker and Samantha live in Fayetteville, NC, and I had been told Myrtle Beach was only a 3 1/2 hour drive from here, so we figured it was a good meeting place. I didn't have a working computer at the time, so I couldn't research anything, so I depended on Lindsey to secure our hotel, etc. I appreciated her help immensely, and was so glad they could come! So Friday I picked Chris up from work and plugged the address of our hotel into the GPS which Chris had had in his car because he'd been working at a different hospital all month. Uh-oh! Boy, was I surprised! The GPS said instead of 3 1/2 hours, it was going to be about 6 hours! Yikes! So we didn't get to our hotel until 11:30 PM. When we went up to our room, I told Chris I couldn't remember our room number and wasn't sure which one it was, so I knocked on a door. This really irritated Chris because it was so late and he was sure whoever answered the door was going to be really mad that we woke them up. He couldn't understand why I wouldn't just try our key! Boy, was he surprised when his friend Chase came to the door! The poor guy just looked so confused! Happy birthday, Chris! Glad we were able to surprise you!
We spent about 4 hours at the beach the next morning, then came back for naps. That evening we went to Broadway at the Beach which was a fun little boardwalk that had all sorts of little shops, restaurants, etc. We had a great time just hanging out with the Grames family and celebrating Chris' birthday!

We got ice cream to celebrate since we didn't have any cake. While we were singing Happy Birthday to Chris, Mason just couldn't take his eyes off of that nice big ice cream cone! Before the song was finished, Mason had already dug in!

1 comment:

UM companions said...

Mason is getting so big - that picture of him getting the ice cream is adorable