Tuesday, September 22, 2009

09.04.09 Studio 77 Disco Party!

At our church here in Jacksonville, the choir sings all year round. Obviously during the summer, lots of people go on vacation, etc, so attendance in the choir is lower than normal. As part of the attendance campaign over the summer, if you maintained 80% attendance or above, you were invited to Studio 77 in our Family Life Center. You were encouraged to dress the part, and the best dressed male and female would each win a prize! If you know me, you know I really get in to this kind of stuff! My family would have had a ball doing this...perhaps we'll have to keep that in mind for a family gathering in the future! :-)
Chris actually surprised me and really got into it, as well, even insisting that I buy him the platform shoes with the goldfish in the heel. He was quite the ham, and people in choir now know me by my husband. I've been in choir for over a year and people know me as Chris' wife. Go figure!
Chris actually won the best dressed male, and I was surprisingly in the top 4 of the women! Yeah! We fared pretty well, considering that we'd not even been born in the 70's! Ha!
We went with Scott and Amanda Hult, good friends of ours from church, and we had a ball! They're definitely the kind of people to go to something like this with. They're hilarious! Amanda giggled pretty much all night, and Scott was cracking jokes right and left.
Chris' wig wasn't laying right, so I put my hot rollers in it to see what we could do with it. Chris was thrilled! Ha!
Dan Mullis, Chris and Scott Hult, two of our great friends down here.
Me, Amanda Hult and Carrie Mullis, dear friends of mine down here.
Chris and Violet, the two "Best Dressed"
Afterwards, we went to Chili's for dinner. Of course we were still in our costumes. As we were walking in, there was a lady standing outside smoking a cigarette. Scott, Amanda and I all got through the door, and as Chris was coming in, she said in a husky voice, "Where ya'll been tonight?" Chris just smiled sweetly at her and said quite matter-of-factly, "Church!" She was silent for a moment and then sarcastically mumbled, "Whatever!" I don't think she believed us. We all got quite the giggle out of it, though. In fact, I laughed about it for days! What a fun night!

4 comments:

UM companions said...

I'm not sure I would have served you "hippies" if I were the waitress at Chili's...

Julie said...

This cracks me up and I didn't know chris had it in him, hahaha! So glad you guys had fun with this! You should totally recycle your costumes for halloween.

Carrie said...

The motorcycle picture is awesome!

Stephanie Freemyer said...

Chris - you're hilarious! I love the shoes. Pretty hot husband you found there Sara! :) No joke...he should grow his hair out again. I miss it. ha!