Sunday, January 25, 2009

Child Dedication -- FINALLY!

Today was "Sanctity of Human Life" Day at our church. It was a very moving service for many, and as part of it, they had a "Baby Dedication." Neither of our children had ever been dedicated before. Not for lack of desire on our part, but because we had never found a church that we really considered "home." We had, of course, dedicated them to the Lord when we found out we were pregnant with both of them but had never stood up in front of the body of Christ asking them to partner with us in our endeavor to lead our children in the ways of the Lord. So now that we have found a church family, we were definitely ready to have them both dedicated in the church setting. Before going to church, we took them to the gazebo in the parking lot and took a few pictures. Grant was surprisingly the picture taker today. Mason was a bit grumpy, but they both did great in the service. We were so proud of them. Aren't they quite the lookers? If I would have to pick, I'd say my two little men definitely stole the show today...I just think they're so cute!
Grant was wearing a sport coat that was navy with white pinstriping. He begged to wear it, even though it was a bit too big for him. He calls it, for some reason, his pirate ship. The first thing he said this morning was, "Mommy, can I wear my pirate ship??" And just how can you resist that, I ask??
Isn't he just quite the cool little dude??
Yes, he put his hands in his pockets...how he learned that, I don't know, but I thought it was awfully cute!
And sweet Baby Mason. Isn't he just the best?
How can you resist that face - runny nose and all??

4 comments:

Becky Carter said...

OH my gosh Sara--- ADORABLE! I love the pictures of the boys. They are precious! Grant is so cute in his posing! I am glad it was a special day for you all! Love you and wish I could see those sweet ones in person!

Kendra said...

So cute! I'm so sad we missed it! :( Grant looks so grown up and handsome! It's adorable!

Carrie Rudy said...

the hands in the pockets is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

your boys look so handsome and grown up! i absolutely adore those pictures. they look professional...is that your camerA? goodness...maybe it isn't the camera but your perfect little subjects!