Monday, February 2, 2009

01.28.09 Oh, the Horrors!

Tuesday night, my washing machine broke. I was not too thrilled about this, but Wednesday, Chris came home and went and bought me a brand new one! Hooray! He went out, picked it up, and while I was getting dinner ready and the kids around to go to choir practice, he was even starting to install it for me. It was rather stressful...both kids were screaming, Chris needed help, I was trying to get dinner on the table, off the table, cleaned up, the kids dressed, and leave for choir practice all at the same time. So I strapped the boys in the car and since they were both contained, I helped Chris scoot the old washer out and the new one in!
I hopped in the car and sped off, as we were already leaving late, and I knew I wasn't going to make it on time. I hate being late!! We were less than a mile down the road, both boys were screaming at the top of their lungs, and I had had it! It was already almost 7:00. I knew I only had to make it one more hour and the kids could go to bed...so I very frustratedly turned the car around, turning myself around in the process to scold the boys for screaming and sending me over my limit. In doing this, I looked at Grant and to my dismay, found him completely covered in blood! From head to toe! That did it! I hurried home as fast as I could, all the while hearing Grant tell me about an owie he had while he pointed to his mouth. Chris met me at the door and helped me clean Grant up. We finally figured out that it was merely a bloody nose, but it certainly freaked me out! It is never a fun thing to see your child covered in blood (amazingly, with as messy as he was, not a drop of it got on our beige colored interior of the car!!)! After a nice bath, both boys were winding down and we did get them to bed on time. It was nice to have a few minutes of quiet after my quite harried evening. But thankfully both boys are in bed, and I have a working washing machine!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Yay for new washing machines! Boo for bloody noses! I can't believe with all that mess that not a single drop landed on his car seat or the car interior.

I've had a lot of DAYS like those you described...just at my wit's end. Hope you had a lovely evening of rejuvenation.

Becky Carter said...

Oh my goodness, Sara! Been there. That first picture of Grant made me laugh a little (sorry)...he just looked so much like he'd been in some fist fight and his expression is like, "should have seen the other guy!" ;-). Hope you are having a better week!