Monday, October 12, 2009

09.26.2009 Typhoon Lagoon

It has been quite the week. Grant has been testing me every second of the day, and I am at my wits end! Chris is working like crazy and has had several frustrating days, only to come home to a wife who is ready to pull her hair out. Grant took diaper rash cream and spread it all over the walls, furniture, bedding, his brother this week - TWICE! He got in so much trouble the first time I never dreamed he'd do it again. He's also purposefully gone potty on the carpet in his room and climbed into Mason's crib and went potty on Mason, too. I don't know where this behavior is coming from, but it has taken every ounce of determination and purpose to make it stop. This definitely cannot go on! So thanks to my mom, I've been working on some creative disciplining and I must say, I never knew I could enjoy disciplining my children so much! Some of it is quite fun and even therapeutic! ha!
So after a very frustrating week, we needed a break. All of us did. Chris' niece was down here in FL at his parents house with her hubby and 2 kiddos, so we arranged to meet them at Disney's waterpark, Typhoon Lagoon for the day on Saturday. What a blast we had! The kids were perfect, well behaved children, and we enjoyed catching up with Tiffany and Mark, playing with Jade and meeting Bryce. What a fun time! Thanks, guys, for giving us a much needed break! Whew!

1 comment:

West05 said...

OK your turn to share some secrets with me! I am always looking for creative discipline techniques. If you remember back, I told you Brennen does not respond to traditional forms of punishment, I would love to hear what worked for you!