Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2 of Clinic

I'm weary tonight. I'm tired, worn out, sore and just plain mentally and spiritually exhausted. I played with the children today most of the day. I think I'm going to ask tomorrow to be in the pharmacy. I have two babies at home that I play with, wrestle with, who compete to get my attention, and I was really pretty excited for a break coming here for a few weeks. There's no break...not only do I miss my babies, but I have hundreds of other children playing with me, wrestling with me, competing and fighting to get my attention. I've been mobbed for two days by children- and I enjoyed it for the most part. But tonight, I'm drained. I'm looking forward to a change of pace tomorrow. Clinic was again a success today. Chris was just as wonderful as he was yesterday. He even got to practice a bit of osteopathic manipulation on his last patient of the day which was fun to watch, and I think he enjoyed it, too. He saw several interesting things again today in clinic including: * An umbilical hernia that contained intestines * A lady who had a broken leg from being run over and drug by a bus and also had a large laceration on her leg. * Some type of dwarf who had other congenital anomalies that none of the doctors had ever seen - after researching more tonight, it appears a mutation of the fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 (FGFR3) gene...duh what was I thinking. * A child with one eye that had a cataract, was recessed and was smaller than the other. * The lady with the leg ulcer from yesterday came back and it was markedly improved...a picture's worth a thousand words...I'll try to post the before and after soon. I got to go to the school today with Adam, Dr. Sams' son. He took his guitar and sang with the kids for a while. I helped with hand motions and singing and took a few pictures. the kids were amazing. They stood in perfect rows and would answer any question in perfect English in perfect unison. I stood there with tears in my eyes as I listened to them sing at the top of their lungs, "Jesus loves me." It was precious to listen to. Praise report for today: we saw 240 people in clinic and 17 people came to know the Lord!! Yeah! I'm tired tonight. Please pray for stamina for us both. I think we're just exhausted. Much love to you all. Missing you. Someone give my babies a kiss for me and tell them mommy misses them. I'm really missing them tonight.

2 comments:

UM companions said...

It's 5:00 pm here in TN, that means that it is 1:00 am in Kenya. I hope you are resting. Rest is very important. I remember a story in the Bible when Elijah was exhausted and the Lord had him rest - even sent angels to minister to him... You sound exhausted. So I am praying for a peaceful rest for you right now. I can't kiss your babies for you tonight, but I will be there tomorrow night and will kiss them over and over and over for you and for Chris.

Matt and Jenny Mitchell said...

I am tear-ing up sara worley!! the sacrifice you have made to serve in kenya and leave your two little lovebugs behind is huge. God surely has got to be proud of you. I am praying for rest for you too! the comment left above, I think by your dad, left me even more teary eyed! keep blogging, matt and I have really enjoyed it. you guys are amazing. love you lots.