Thursday, July 10, 2008

07.09.08 Ladies Luncheon

I called a couple of the other wives of the interns and invited them over for lunch yesterday. I made a spinach salad with raspberries, candied pecans, rice noodles and chicken, served with a raspberry dressing - right out of my "peuking chicken," mom! They commented on the little chicken pitcher, and of course I had to tell them the story since they asked. They found it humorous. :-) We also had blueberry bread (my favorite!), and lemon bars for dessert. Everything was yummy, and I thought it looked pretty, too. The girls stayed from 12:00 until 4:00, so I think everyone had a good time. They're already discussing the next thing we'll do together. I sure enjoyed the company and am enjoying making new friends.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Your table looked beautiful. It sounds like y'all had a wonderful time.

UM companions said...

Am I puffed up today - I just looked at your pictures of your lovely luncheon and thought - man, you must have had a wonderful mother to teach you how to do such things! It looks absolutely beautiful - I bet you really impressed your friends - you impressed your mother!

Anonymous said...

Sara,

I'm so impressed with you! The food looked absolutely beautiful and I'm proud of you for inviting other ladies over for lunch. What a great idea!
Now I'm going to have to make some blueberry bread too.

Amy

Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty! I wish I could have tasted it all in person ;-). Will you email me the recipe for that blueberry bread? I love that stuff but don't have a recipe that anyone has given me. Hope all is well!

Courtney W. said...

Oh it was very yummy and oh so pretty!! I loved it Sarah! Thank you so much for inviting me over! You are an excellent host :)

Anonymous said...

Yummo! It WAS delicious. Even the raspberries, and pecans! No lie...Thanks so much for this :)