Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Carpe Diem!

It is amazing how big both of the boys are getting. Yesterday I took them for their first appointment on the Naval Air Station Base at the hospital. Grant was due for his 2 year check up and Mason was in for his 4 month check up. Grant is now almost 31 pounds, and I can't remember how tall they said he was, but they said he was in the 75% for both height and weight. And Mason is now 16 pounds and 26 inches long. He, too, is in the 75% for his height and weight. Wow! On top of that, I noticed last night that Mason had one of his center bottom teeth break through his gums yesterday! Whoa! He's only 4 months, but as I think back on it, Grant was, too, when he got his first tooth. I just can't believe how fast time is going. When Chris and I crawled in bed last night, I was lamenting the fact that I don't have a "newborn" anymore. Now that he has a tooth, I feel like he's graduated from "newborn" to "baby." I jokingly told Chris that it was time for another one! ha! Absolutely no way I'm ready for that, but it is sad to think that Mason's already getting so big. I just keep reminding myself to cherish every moment, because before you know it, those moments are gone and are only precious memories. I can't imagine what my parents feel like now that we're all out of the house - hopefully they're cherishing those memories and enjoying watching us enjoy our own children now. At least I like to think that they're enjoying pleasant memories and not just thankful that we're all gone. :-) So here's to seizing the day...

1 comment:

UM companions said...

Seize every moment because it goes so fast. And, yes, your parents are still enjoying every moment of your life - even down to this moment when I see you enjoying your own children. Carpe diem!