Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bits of play from the last few days...

Mason is playing more and more on his own right now. He'll sit in his exersaucer for quite a long time looking at toys, trying to eat the dragon, and pressing the buttons to make music. He loves that thing (and so do I!) He is also spending more time on his tummy trying to reach for toys, etc. Grant enjoys this, as well, and has had fun getting on the blanket with Mason and playing with the toys. He loves to show Mason what to do. I do, however, have to keep reminding him to let Mason play, too, and not to take the toys away from him. But mom, it's just soooo hard!! He's such a great big brother! Grant and I were playing outside in the water the other day, and I found him peering through our neighbor's fence! He is such a nosey little guy! But I thought it was cute, so I took a couple pictures. :-) Mason had his first bowl of cereal yesterday! At first he wasn't too sure about it and even gagged on it a few times. But by the end, after every bite, he would break out into a huge smile and giggle. When I say giggle, I mean full belly laugh. It was so cute! He was a mess, but boy, was it worth it! Grant has a new best friend: Buzz Lightyear. Everything is "Buzz this, Buzz that!" In the back of my mind, I remembered that someone had given us a Buzz costume a couple of years ago that their child had played with, so I went to the costume box and pulled it out. Grant was elated! He put it on and ran around the house with his arms outstretched in front of him shouting, "Fly! Shhheeeeeeekkkwwwwwww!" He even had the sound effects down! It made us laugh. So please meet our newest son, Buzz. :-)

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh, Sara. That Mason sure is growing up...he looks so much like Chris. :-) I'm so glad to hear that enjoyed his cereal so much. I hope that helps him sleep better.

And that Grant, what a character! How I miss him!

Jan said...

those are great pictures of Mason in the exersaucer. You have great light coming in the sliding glass doors, and the composition is nice too. :)

Courtney W. said...

That is the PERFECT costume for Grant! I Love it!! Maybe if it still fits for halloween, Mason could be the cowboy Woody? :)