Thursday, October 16, 2008

(In a Dramatic, Pathetic Voice) My Little Boy is Growing Up!

Well, today, Grant has graduated to the status of "Big Boy." For over a year, his word for water has been, "Low." I have worked and worked with him to say it correctly, but he just wouldn't. He could say the syllables individually, but when he put them together, he would only say, "Low." Well, today that changed. He wanted a drink, so I asked if he wanted milk or water. He looked and me and confidently stated, "Wa-der!" Oh, no! It made me tear up a little bit. To make it worse, he followed me to the kitchen chanting, "Water, water, water!" all the way there. I'm proud of him, but it did make me a little sad, at the same time. So we've passed the days of "Low," and have graduated to big-boy speak. Bittersweet.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Awwww. Isn't it amazing what they say (and understand) sometimes? It's times like these that I'm thankful to stay at home with them....the other 99.99% of the time I spend pulling out my hair. :-)

Congrats, big boy! Miss you.