Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where Could it Be?

For months we have been searching for the remote control for our TV in our bedroom. We had it one night, and then one hot August day, it turned up missing. I tore the house apart several times looking for the stupid thing but to no avail. It was no where to be found. Chris had had a long day at work a few days ago, so he asked me to massage his back before he went to sleep. He laid down on our bed and I was massaging his back, while letting my eyes wander around the room while I was talking to him. He was almost asleep when suddenly, I saw something very unusual. We have a cut crystal vase in our room with orchids in it on the nightstand next to the bed. Between the cuts on the crystal vase, there was an odd reflection. As I stared at it longer, I realized that it was obscured reflection of the remote control!!! We finally found it - inside the vase amongst the stems of my flowers! I burst into laughter and was laughing so hard that I quit rubbing Chris' back, so he immediately woke up and looked up to see what I was laughing at. We both had a good chuckle. Thank goodness the prodigal remote has been found. :-) I wonder how it got into such a weird hiding spot???

No comments: