Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thank you so much for your support and prayers in the last few days as I've been here in IN preparing for my dad's open heart surgery. They started surgery this morning around 7:30 and by about 10:15, they came out and told us they were done. Dad is doing great. I was surprised how great he looked post-surgery and was encouraged to hear the surgeon say that all went better than could be expected and dad was going to be fine. He did say that he has a lot of diseased arteries and that could be a concern in the future, however, he said with healthy eating (which my dad is not too good at) and exercise (which he's terrible at), he would be fine. So we're going to have to get on him to change his lifestyle a little bit, but we're encouraged to know we're going to have dad with us for a while. I had a great peace preparing for the surgery, but last night was hard to think that it could be the last night that I had a dad...it was emotional, and I'm so glad it's over now. I gave dad a hug and kiss this morning, told him I loved him and was so proud of him. As I walked out of the room, he said, "Sara," and as I turned to look at him, he said, "You're precious." It still makes me cry. We had a precious time of prayer last night with him, and this morning someone read scripture and he laid there listening with a smile on his face and a peaceful look in his eyes. That's how he has lived his whole life, and it filled me with great joy and peace to know that my dad knows who his Father is. As we came down to the waiting room, I realized that he truly is one of the most godly men that I know. How blessed I am! We have all been on mom and dad's blog, adding updates as they have become available. Once I get home, or somewhere with better internet connection, I will write about my experience, etc - but mostly for my own therapy, more than anyone else's information. For now, if you're interested in the latest updates, you can visit http://www.mostholyrev.com/. I love you all and thank you so much for all of your prayers. I can't tell you how much they mean, nor how effective they have been...the doctors are still calling this a miracle. I'm just so thankful to have my dad. It's so strange to think that we really almost lost him. The peace in this time is overwhelming, and I'm so thankful for our God. He is truly good. Love and blessings to you all. Sara

No comments: