Tuesday, February 24, 2009

House Hunt

Well, so many of you have been asking...sorry I haven't been better at responding! And sorry about the blog. Because of all the house hunting, the rest of my life has taken a back seat. You see, we have to be out of here by the end of April, so I have focused much of my attention on expediting this whole process. Unfortunately, we have hit a couple bumps in the road. We have placed an offer on two homes so far. The first one they just rejected the offer. The second one is my absolute favorite, however, someone else put an offer on it, as well, so they are giving us until today at 5:00 to give our "latest and greatest" offer to make it fair, since the other couple already knew we had put an offer on they had an advantage. Sooo, we're trying to decide what to offer there. It feels like such a game! On top of that, it's a short sale, meaning that it will take up to 60 days for our offer even to be approved by the bank after submitting it. So it will be a long road, I'm afraid. We're still looking at other homes, and I'm sure we'll end up placing multiple offers. I guess I assumed with this market that we'd have a big advantage - no one would be buying. But it just doesn't seem to be the case. Every house that we've liked is gone already. And we've only been looking for 2-3 weeks. So, wish us luck! And wish us patience... On another note, check back soon. My plan is to update the blog very soon (like today!!)

No comments: