Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4.22.08 Mason's 1 Month Check Up

Well, Mason went to the doctor today. He's getting so big! He's 9 pounds 4 ounces now. He has had what we thought was baby acne for the last couple of weeks. I asked the doctor about it and he said it was not acne, but was Seborrheic Dermatitis, or cradle cap all over his face, neck and shoulders. I had read on the internet that washing with mild soap and water would help rid of the acne, so that is what I had been doing. He said with this seborrhea, it would only aggravate it, so he suggested only bathing every 3 days and prescribed a hydrocortizone cream to treat it. I'm so glad I asked about it! Poor kid. Hopefully it'll clear it up quickly and he'll be my gorgeous little Mason again - without a scaly face! :-)

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I can't believe that Little Worley #2 is a month old already.! It saddens me that I won't be able to see Mason grow as I've watched Grant. :-( But you've done a great job in keeping up the blog...so I don't feel like I've missed out on toooo much.