Friday, June 20, 2008

06.20.08 Birthday Celebration

We couldn't let Grant's birthday go by without a celebration (even though we already had his party when we were in VA a couple weeks ago). So we took Grant to Chuckie Cheese's for the first time! We had a ball! Grant was enthralled with Chuckie, who he called "Chuck-on" all night long. He was so excited and his attention span was less than perfect. We'd put a token in for a ride and he'd sit there for all of five seconds and then on to the next thing! The one thing that did hold Grant's attention was Chuckie. He LOVED him. I told him before we went in that we were going to see Chuckie Cheese, and from that point forward all we heard about was "Chuck-on." He was so excited when "Chuck-on" came out in person, and he ran over with excitement to meet him. Grant wasn't too into the games, so Chris used most of the tokens on the basketball shooting game. He scored 90 points in 30 seconds! Yeah, Chris! I scored 48. Go me! Grant dancing at Chuckie Cheese's We came home after a few hours and had birthday cake. I didn't know if he would understand the concept behind blowing out the candles, but when we said to blow them out, he stood on his chair like an old pro and blew them both out in a single breath! I was so impressed! He was so fast I couldn't even get any pictures! He couldn't keep his hands out of the cake, though. He wanted to go right at it, succeeding in making a huge mess, which Emma Lou relished cleaning up for us. Silly dog. Grant blowing out his Birthday Candles Since we'd already had a party for him, we just had one gift from his daddy and I to open up, and Chris' parents (who were in town on their way home to KY) brought him a couple of fun monster trucks. We gave him the Fisher Price Medical Set since daddy's now a doctor and one of Grant's favorite things is to "take our blood pressure" (something he picked up on his own at one of my doctor's appointments with Mason). He had fun opening gifts. He sure is getting the hang of life and figuring out all of our weird traditions!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm so glad to see that Grant had a blast at Chuck E. Cheese's....we took Josiah a couple of months back and really enjoy it, too. Although he wasn't too sure of Chuck E. Cheese...but he sure did enjoy the music and dancing.

And blowing out the candles...how impressive. Happy 2nd Birthday, Grant! We miss you.

UM companions said...

I finally got to see the videos. Grant sure did a great job of blowing out those candles. That was impressive. I wish I could have been there.

Colin & Lori said...

Happy birthday to Grant! Time has just flown. I was just catching up on all your adventures here on your blog. Oh, those 2 year old boys. I remember Lindsey and Parker and now it is me with Jack. They are learning to be sneaky and throw fits!! Brown sugar? What a disaster for you to clean up. Hope you are enjoying Florida!!