Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Terrible Two's -- ALREADY????

Good grief - on the day the kid turns two, the house turned awfully quiet, so I looked around and this is what I found: an empty bag of brown sugar, and a quiet little boy covered from head to toe (along with the entire kitchen floor). As I stood there and watched him, he'd pick up the clumps of sugar, grin, say "Ball!" and throw it across the kitchen, laughing with glee as the "ball" would hit a hard surface and shatter into a million pieces. Let me assure you, this game did not last long! Can the terrible two's really be beginning already??? Oh, the things to come...

5 comments:

West05 said...

I love the wonderful world of the curious little boy! They can make anything into a ball and justify throwing it can't they!!! LOL Too funny!

Erin said...

Oh Sara...I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my head off. (You can laugh at me when I'm the one dealing with it, I promise.) This is so, so cute. He's just exploring everything around him and making even the most basic thing into a game. Love it!

UM companions said...

Well, as your mother I thought..."well, good...she deserves this as I remembered the time you got into the strawberry jam and had it in your hair, your nose, your mouth, smeared on the floor and kitchen cabinets and you looked up at me with innocent happy eyes and said "good mommy...taste"!

Jessi said...

I know that as soon as I find my little man doing something like this, my mom will be saying "serves you right" just like your mom (and what you did as a little girl just has been grinning from ear to ear). :-)

NTSS Montgomery said...

Oh my, I'm with you on this. Sam did something very similar recently. Oh the adventures we will be having with our boys. lol :)