Saturday, August 16, 2008

08.16.08 Saint Augustine, FL

We took Chris' parents to St. Augustine on Saturday since Chris was off and it was the only day that he was available to do anything with us. We had a great time! We stopped at NAS and got tickets from ITT for Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum (for $4.50/person! Great discount!) and toured the museum, then walked down by the fort and ate lunch at a cute little restaurant right across the street from the fort. Grant's favorite part was definitely running around the fort in what once was the moat and now is filled with various cannons. I thought it was really cool to see the ferns growing up the sides of the old fort. They definitely added character! We all had a great time and look forward to going back and exploring some more!

2 comments:

NTSS Montgomery said...

You guys are always having such great adventures as a family. It makes me want to get out and do more myself. :) I love your new background too. I debated between this one and the one that I chose.

Jessi said...

I love that picture of Chris and Grant...great job with the "selective focus".

I've been playing around with the shutter/aperture settings on our camera. And while it will do a lot, it won't do what I need it to do to get the "fuzzy background". I hope a new camera, like yours, is in my future. :-)