Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A few pictures of the boys

Grant hasn't changed much in days of late. He still loves Buzz Lightyear and loves to wear his Buzz costume. Yesterday he put the costume on around 1:00 and wouldn't take it off even to go outside in the 90 degree heat! He just runs around the house "flying." It literally keeps him entertained for hours. We went to Arby's for dinner last night accompanied by Buzz Lightyear. The other people at Arby's thought he was pretty cute. I must admit, I do agree with them! :-) I did finally get him to take it off for bed, but it was on first thing this morning. In fact, that's what woke me up: Grant came into our room and laid his Buzz costume across my face, begging for me to put it on him again. Silly kid. The first picture is one of Grant while he was napping. It was just too sweet to pass up. Mason is changing - every day it seems. He is getting so big, and chunky. He's cute as could be. Last night Chris was sitting on the couch with me. I was holding Mason in my lap. Mason kept leaning to Chris with his mouth open wide, giving him the biggest, sweetest kisses imaginable. I bet you he kissed Chris 20+ times. Daddy just ate it up, and I think it was the favorite part of both of our days. You know, I was laughing about it today because baby's kisses are not the most lovely things. They're slobbery, your face is soaked and it's really quite gross. But even though it's gross, it keeps you wanting more, and it makes your heart feel like it's smiling. Grant says it aptly when he says, "Yuck!" after Mason kisses him. But amazingly, Grant doesn't run away. He waits, even begs for Mason to kiss him again. Even Grant knows that the love of a child is a precious, very poignant thing, disgusting though it may be.

3 comments:

UM companions said...

Some of these pictures of Mason are adorable. I saved them to my computer screen! The one of Grant sleeping is another beauty! Of course he looks angelic while sleeping - after reading your Sunday morning experience...I think he needed to look angelic for you the next day! Ha

Lindsey said...

These pictures are so cute. I can't believe how much Mason looks like you!! I bet you remember Parker when he used to wear his Buzz Lightyear costume everywhere. I just love boys!! Miss you guys!

Courtney W. said...

I love sailor outfits! great pics of both the boys!!