Friday, December 5, 2008

11.29.08 Jacksonville Lighted Boat Parade and Fireworks

When I lived in Washington DC, my roommate, Jan, was from Jacksonville. I remember hearing all about the fabulous lighted boat parade at Thanksgiving time and thinking it sounded like so much fun. So when we found out we were being stationed here last December, the first thing I thought of was the parade. Needless to say, it's been on my calendar for nearly an entire year! It was wonderful - it certainly did not disappoint! We had a great spot right on the river, the it was in the 70s that day, and all the boats were spectacularly decorated for Christmas. I'm so glad that we were able to finally see it for ourselves. So if you're ever in the area for Thanksgiving, please join us downtown for the lighted boat parade! And the fireworks afterwards were wonderful!

No comments: