Sunday, June 10, 2007

Time sure flies!

Believe it or not, we have only 1 week until Chris and I leave for Italy with my family. I am getting so very excited - Chris let me get him a couple of new outfits this week, our bags are completely packed, I've been working out last minute details, paying bills, etc before we go, getting traveler's cheques, etc. It has been a busy week. This week promises to be just as busy with preparations for Grant to go to his grandparent's house in Kentucky. Though I cannot wait to spend two entire weeks in Italy (my dream for I don't know how long) with my husband and the rest of my family, I am getting very apprehensive to leave Grant. Since we had Grant on June 19, 2006, I have not spent more than a couple of hours away from him at one time. He's a momma's boy. And though I would like to think it is going to be hard for him for me not to be around, I think in all honesty, it is going to be much harder on me than it will be on him. He'll probably not even think about it after a couple of days. My throat tightens and my eyes fill with tears just thinking about it. He's my joy. I take delight in him. He brings so much laughter and happiness to our lives. And leaving him with someone else, no matter how well qualified they may be, or how much they might love him, just doesn't seem as good as Chris and I. I know that sounds conceited and quite ridiculous. Chris' parents will do just fine with him. Chris turned out pretty well in my opinion. I wouldn't have married him if I didn't think so...But I just can't help but worry. And so I am preparing to leave my little man for two weeks. It seems I could have prepared myself better for this. And yet I know even if I had done things differently, it wouldn't be any easier for me. I'm learning a lesson in trust already, and we haven't even left yet! :-) Hopefully I can just relax and enjoy my time away. I'll just get the worrying out of the way now!

1 comment:

Matt baron said...

so you are getting travel checks how come? you will need to exchange your money either at the airport or hotel or bank.